What parts do I need for LS to SS nose swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
You will also need the front fender extensions, and I think you will also need to cut down the bumper bar for it to fit. The SS also uses a bit of duct work from the grille to the radiator that is specific to that model. I am sure there is more, but that is all I can remember off the top of my head.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
I'm guessing you have an SC, LS was 86-88.
For SC to SS conversion you need the bumper eggcrate support, headlight buckets, airbox in front of the radiator, front fender extensions and lower spoiler.
Also if your car has the optional lights in the fender you will also need different fenders.

LS2SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2009
Phoenix AZ
im in the same boat. I had to get totally different fenders (with the extensions), the LS fenders body lines dont line up with the ss nose. Somehow i luckily found an ss at a local junkyard, i got both fenders w/ exts the headlights with the buckets and this panel for the hood latch and nose support for around $60 (on a 50% off day). Im still not done tho, I encountered a problem mounting the headlight buckets in, I might have to make some custom brackets of somekind. I know im missin some stuff but this is all on the srtictest budget. Good luck to you sir and happy building to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor