what RH plastic inner fender will fit 85 El Camino ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x75

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2018
My passenger side inner fender is severely cracked with large chunks missing. Only the battery is still attached, emission parts are long gone too. I'd like to fill the space with something that fits OK and looks decent.

Being a G-body, are all fender-wells more or less the same where they attach to the metal fenders/frame? Could I use one from an Olds or Pontiac? I don't care about attachments, I just want to tidy up the engine compartment.

Also, is it better to spring for a new one over a junkyard piece? I wonder about the long term durability of original parts.

Thanks to all for help

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
GN inners have some different bosses to mount some accessories like the cruise control.
As for fit interchange, I don't know.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Im thinking just Malibu or El Camino will fit. Pretty sure the left side might be different through the years as far as mounting posts but the right side might be the same. I used 79 Malibu inners on my 83 wagon

x75

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2018
ok thanks guys for weighing in. My passenger side is stripped of attachments, so anything that fits will work. I'm just wondering what I am looking for at the junkyard. or maybe I should just get a chino repro. Or, does anybody know somebody parting out an El Camino?

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Malibu and El Camino wheel wells will only work. All are different shapes and mounts different

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

x75

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2018
Malibu and El Camino wheel wells will only work. All are different shapes and mounts different
thanks for the tip, helps to know what I am looking for, now I can get online and try to find one

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Where you located?

x75

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2018
I live in Driftwood Texas, "so close but so far away" from Austin. No junkyards within 30 miles or so that I know of

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor