What should I do to my G-body today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I decided to make this thred for all of us when we are faced with taunting decisions on our builds that need a quick decision so we don't end up saying. I wish I didn't do that!

I'll start it off many of you know I'm building a 78 W-31 Cutlass with a time constraint. I'm obviously getting screwed on a transmission should I put the car back together today with the 200m so I can start the new motor and mock up the exaust or wait and loose more time?

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
For mock up yes? Or hit up a transmission shop or salvage for a core/empty case to use just for set up.

Make a list, TV show build style. You can have it in any order. Knock off things as you go, shows you the progress you made. Also get an idea of what you can knock out in an evening or weekend...etc.

This really helps me. It is easy for it to seem like an overwhelming task all at once, break down into specific attainable tasks. You already have a time table. You mass triage some of the things in the list to be done first.

Also, consider dedicating one day a week (or more) to the car/project...like Tuesday is W-31 day, make a conscious effort to dedicate to progress on the car. Let others know, to either help, or respect that you have planned on Tuesdays being car-day.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 4 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
For mock up yes? Or hit up a transmission shop or salvage for a core/empty case to use just for set up.

Make a list, TV show build style. You can have it in any order. Knock off things as you go, shows you the progress you made. Also get an idea of what you can knock out in an evening or weekend...etc.

This really helps me. It is easy for it to seem like an overwhelming task all at once, break down into specific attainable tasks. You already have a time table. You mass triage some of the things in the list to be done first.

Also, consider dedicating one day a week (or more) to the car/project...like Tuesday is W-31 day, make a conscious effort to dedicate to progress on the car. Let others know, to either help, or respect that you have planned on Tuesdays being car-day.
That's exactly what I have been doing

malibujustin

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2017
Well off to old bridge with no tras again hope I can get something else done on it
Dang you are getting dragged with the trans. I hate that for you. Don't know if I would do business there anymore. If the 200 trans works and your on a strict time table you may have to go that route. Good luck with it. Just started watching the build thread. Enjoying the progress you have made

Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
My motto and advice also is when faced with a huge daunting anxiety filled job. Break off in little pieces and seize the day. Awesome advice Bar50.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm sorry that I'm late, this day is almost done so I'll chime in tomorrow morning to suggest what you should do.....:)

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I'm sorry that I'm late, this day is almost done so I'll chime in tomorrow morning to suggest what you should do.....:)
Yea to late today the intent of the thred was for everyone's use when we scratch our heads saying should I do this?

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor