What size screws hold the Idle Solenoid on the Q-jet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
I just bought a NOS idle solenoid for my Jet Stage II Q-jet. There were no screws included since I would have just re-used the ones. However, the Jet one did not come with the screws, only the pre-drilled holes. Anyone know a size, thread for those screws? It looks like they are beveled? Or if anyone has a junk Q-jet laying around and wants to stick a couple in a plastic baggie and into an envelope and mail them to me..... :lol:

Otherwise i am Sure Lowes would have what I need... but I dont want to have to take my carb off the car and bring it in to hunt for the right size.

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
I stopped at Lowes and bought several sizes. None worked. Uhg. Why doesnt the service manual list things like this!?

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
well i never found the right size screws. BUT I did find a wrecking yard in the chicago suburbs and I went out and found the first GM with a quadrajet I came across and took the screws off. They were strange looking screws, but fit my carb. I also took the idle solenoid and paid $10 figuring it should still work. I just came in from putting it on my car and IT WORKED! now my car does not stall out when I have the AC on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor