What the ell is with Rock Auto?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Funny people talking about closeouts. That's the only real problem I've ever had with them. "Private label" stuff that isn't even close to right for the application, no wonder it's a closeout.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funny people talking about closeouts. That's the only real problem I've ever had with them. "Private label" stuff that isn't even close to right for the application, no wonder it's a closeout.
Some of my "private label" stuff has been NOS ac delco from the 1980s. Got several distributer caps like that since they fit both my 250 and 231 sixes. Washer pumps too.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I have not had many issues with Rockauto. Though the upcharge shipping from different warehouses sucks. Even with shipping costs they are often still cheaper than buying from a local supplier.

• Agree

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Again, always do the math. Some of the places say a part is only 7.99 or whatever when everyone else is selling the same part for 9.99 or more. Then you include the taxes and shipping, etc., the 7.99 may cost you MORE in the end, even with the discount.

So do your due diligence and break out the calculator or however you compare the numbers. Part number is the same, total cost to your door may be vastly different depending on the vendor.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
So I ordered a set of brake pads at 8:00am this morning, a label was created at 11:15am, and FedEx received the package at 3:25pm. Its coming from CT to PA and I should have it Saturday according to FedEx.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
So do your due diligence and break out the calculato
Oh, I do. I am cheap as can be when it comes to shipping and taxes. At least with FleaBay and others when they offer free shipping it is usually with the USPS. But then Fleabay charges tax on shipping!!! WTF?!? I even have sources from States that only charge tax to their own residents so I get away with no taxes. You know what hurts the most? I could have spent $2 more on FedUp for shipping but I stubbornly use the USPS because it was $2 cheaper and I am a retireded mailman. I forgot that they screwed me before like this. :rant:

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
So I have in my hands one inner tie rod and two outer tie rods sent from WISCONSIN, via UPS,and USPS, and ordered AFTER the RA order. 5 days later no trace of the tie rod from Rochester NY via DHL. Rochester is an 8 hour drive from Shitty City but I guess DHL uses a donkey kart to transport stuff.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I must be one of the lucky people. I ordered a set of rear rotors and pads for my Yukon Sunday AM and FedEx delivered the box on Tuesday afternoon.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So I have in my hands one inner tie rod and two outer tie rods sent from WISCONSIN, via UPS,and USPS, and ordered AFTER the RA order. 5 days later no trace of the tie rod from Rochester NY via DHL. Rochester is an 8 hour drive from Shitty City but I guess DHL uses a donkey kart to transport stuff.
It's all about globalization. They sent your tie tod to Canada. Then one went from Canada to Finland over the pole. The Finnish stock went to the UK. So, you are just going to get one from the UK to NYC.

Same way they move oil. Makes more sense now right?

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor