What to do with an ‘80 Pontiac 301

ck80

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 18, 2014
Where is the motor located? I'm in north Carolina so I may be interested.
It's in (relatively) coastal Maine. After he tried turning it over for us we confirmed that I remain interested in trying to pick it up to being back onto Georgia during a summer trip up north.

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
It's in (relatively) coastal Maine. After he tried turning it over for us we confirmed that I remain interested in trying to pick it up to being back onto Georgia during a summer trip up north.
Sounds good, if something happens and you don't get it let me know please

SJ-400

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2021
Great news.

If you don't mind holding it until we get a trip together up that way we'll try to work out grabbing it. It wouldn't be a last minute thing, shouldn't be a problem giving you a week or two notice before we go up that way for the wood stoves and such.

This is the expected home for it I mentioned. View attachment 199395

Has some major paint chipping now quickly and poorly touched up from the gm primer defect on the top rear quarter surfaces, but, cleaned up ok after coming off the jack stands it's sat on for the past few years.

Question, if I've got an old tire or mini pallet or both to rest it on, would you have something that could help load it onto the rear floor of a truck?
Hi CK, sorry I missed your reply, I’m sure we can come up with a tire or pallet, just give us a little notice. Also, so I don’t miss any future correspondence from you it’s best to use my email tvigue1 at gmail dot com.
- Tony

SJ-400

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2021
Hi CK, sorry I missed your reply, I’m sure we can come up with a tire or pallet, just give us a little notice. Also, so I don’t miss any future correspondence from you it’s best to use my email tvigue1 at gmail dot com.
- Tony
And yes we have a Kubota tractor with a bucket that my friend uses for doing exactly that. He is a retired GM mechanic and works from his home garage specializing in Pontiac muscle cars and 70’s era GM Pickups.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes P-S-T Southside Machine Performance UMI Performance

Contact Admin@GBodyForum.com for info on becoming a sponsor