What to do with my rear end

Status
Not open for further replies.

307Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2006
Blairsville PA
My regal doesn't have a possi right now, I plan on putting one in soon though. I want to set it up for drag racing, so I'm not shure where to start on beefing up the rear suspension so that it will hook up better, and be able to handle extra power.

1fast87olds

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2006
St. Albans Wv
depends on how u want good daily driver or just race ...

id start with a 8.5 an some drag shocks

307Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2006
Blairsville PA
I'm not looking for something that is strictly drag racing. I will be driving the car. I would figure that for a strictly drag car I would want to put in a straight 4 link, instead of the triangulated 4 link I have in there now. I would like to keep the 4 link I have in there now, or something similar so I have some handling for the corrners.

steve 86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2006
hamden ct.
I.M.O. , ive said it a million times, for quick, cheap, do it yourself, reliable posi get a locker........just be sure its a 7.5" or a 7.625" before u order it.... they look the same but the carriers are different
cost around $350. (dont buy the one for $450 unless u want to)

for suspension, get a pair of lower arms, either south sides, or i believe edelbrock makes a set, and a rear sway bar (factory will do)..........i did these things and they took 7 10th's of my 60 ft....... for a $500. investment, thats pretty good.

I repeat, this is only my opinion, but im a guy who doesnt have a ton-o-cash to spend, but it works well for me.

307Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2006
Blairsville PA
Well whatever I do to the rear suspension, with the control arms, there is a good chance that I will make them myself. The class I'll be taking at WyoTech pretty much will teach me to make everytrhing myself. So I can save some money there.

steve 86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2006
hamden ct.
thats great, just remember( as im sure they will teach you) to keep in mind that you must consider pinion angle......when you change the distance of the bolt centerlines it also changes pinion angle.

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
I'm a believer in my Lakewood no hop bars. I have all four stock control arms as well.

307Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2006
Blairsville PA
Do you have any information on the Lakewood no hop bars? What do they do, where can I get them etc.

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
I boxed the lower rear control arms, swapped in adjustable tubular control arms and installed poly bushings which eliminated all the axle bouncing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor