what to expect during carpet removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
Hey guys I have a 1979 t-top car and I'm wondering what condition will my floorboards be once I pull the carpeting out?
Some of you that have done this, how bad can it get? I don't see any serious red flags when on a lift. But the carpeting does have that mildew smell and seems damp at times

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Just don't be alarmed...Seriously, it might not be bad at all...maybe some scaly stuff....maybe some small holes. It's anybody's guess until you lift up the carpet. You might get lucky.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
looking under the car at the floor pans can clue you in to their condition but why waste your time if you are pulling the carpets anyway

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
French fries.

• Agree

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
....small change...

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Busted nuckles. Have fun with those torx heads if you aren't in a non rust belt climate

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I found Cheerios & a expired condom pack :wtf:
When we tore the interior out of Dad's 62 Ford Galaxie, circa 1989, we found a whole bunch of petrified condoms (unused), each in rusted little metal tins. It looks like they were in the glove box but it had rotted away and dropped all of them in the passenger floorboard. You wouldn't believe how derelict that interior was when Dad bought the car. It was such a basket case.

Reactions: 3 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Wear haz-mat. Hide change money from wife for future projects. Vacuum seal cheerios and French fries for zombie invasion. Clorox and may the force be with you.

Make sure AC drain works. I do not like the musty smell as it means water intrusion

• Informative

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I found Cheerios & a expired condom pack :wtf:

Now those are the gifts that keep on giving...

First you pass the expired condoms off on a buddy you need to get back at.

Then wait 8-12 months, and give him the cheerios, he'll need them

• Winner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor