What to expect to pay for an exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Well, exhaust is the next big thing on my to-do list, so I'm going to skip several smaller to-dos so I can jump right to it. I'm supplying the muffler myself, and I am going to re-use the old cat, as there isn't anything wrong with it. The new system will be from the catylitic converter back, and I will be using 2.5 in pipe. It will be a dual outlet from the muffler. I will not be using stainless. Meineke will probably do the install. Reusing the cat and supplying the new muffler, what should I expect to pay?

gwhiz

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2012
I would just get a duel kit from summit or jegs,and do it yourself.If you need cats for inspection i would go with a high flow ,they are cheap under 100 dollars each.Or look around and see how much a cat back duel system is.if it is the same type thats on my monte carlo the "camaro" type muffler i would ditch it and get something that flows better.

silverfox

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2012
I just recently did this on my cutlass
I had 2 mufflers went to muffler shops to have them put them on and run 2.5 out after mufflers and was quoted about 450 without the pipe from converter to he front of the mufflers
I found 2.5 flow master tail pipes on eBay for 125 and with free shipping. Still some on there now took those and paid 250 for exhaust pipe made from converter to front of mufflers and to weld and hang my mufflers and pipes

Hope this helps

AlamoCity210

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
I'm not a fan of Meineke, Jiffy Lube or any of them places. Complete ripoffs. I've never paid for a service there but their quotes are ridiculous. I'd rather go to a lil muffler shop and help out a small business. My .02. Back on topic, back in 07 I paid 300 for dual flow masters from the manifolds back. Shop around

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor