What WaterPump Are You Running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
What pump you running? I'll be replacing mine since I haven't replaced it since I had the car. Nothing wrong with mine but I want to be on the safe side with a 30 yr old car. I don't want a stock one nor an electric. Want one that will put out good gallons per hour but not to hard on the pocket.

Was looking at autozone and summit but the didnt have the specs.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
just go on summit, select your car, water pump, and under the options go with a high volume aluminum pump. i did a quick search under chevy 305 and found a proform for $92.
how modified is the engine? my 383 does perfectly fine with a standard high volume pump. you don't need more unless it's a hard core race car.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
well, i never recommend autozone, advance, etc for important parts. most of their stuff is cheap crap. for something important i go to NAPA, IAP, Levines, and Carquest (but not for electronic stuff, i've had too many from CQ be de****tive out of the box.)
or i'd go to summitracing.com and get a known brand one.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
o ok. i dont think i never had a bad experience with autozone parts. had a bad alternator but it was my fault because i jumped somebody and they put the cables on wrong and overloaded the alty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor