What window motor do I have. Going crazy

Puddin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2024
Ok I’m going crazy here.

The previous owner apparently put 1980 doors on my 79 cutlass

And I’m trying to replace my window motor but motors I get look different and electrical plug is different

does anyone recognize what I have here ?

Attachments

• IMG_4414.jpeg
    IMG_4414.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4413.jpeg
    IMG_4413.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4412.jpeg
    IMG_4412.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4411.jpeg
    IMG_4411.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
I’m looking on Rock auto and 78 motors don’t look like mine either

The Cardone 4217 and 4218? Are the motors in your car not pictured in your original post?

These motors don’t come with the gear ? I have to swap mine ? Doesn’t look right

Attachments

• IMG_4416.png
    IMG_4416.png
    902 KB · Views: 2
Yes that is a clutch and gear assembly they are serviced separately. The clutches often failed, in the old days i changed many power window clutches.

The factory never made motors like this. Those are a newer design that does not have the same crappy designed clutch. I know nothing about these motors. Edited to add: If they claim they work get them. The clutch assembly can't be any worse that the factory ones.
233380-bc32d944df49efbc8eaa3e5a79f47314.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Rktpwrd

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor