What would need to be done to make these wheels fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
YOU WILL DEFENITLY NEED A VARY LARGE SPACER ADAPER TO PUT THESE ON . BETWEEN THE PRICE OF BOLT ON ADAPTERS AND THE 900 FOR THE WHEELS IT SEEMS LIKE MORE TROUBLE THEN IT IS WORTH. YOUR FRONT STEERING GEOMETRY WILL BE ALL MESSED UP . BETTER OFF PICKING UP A PROPER MADE SET OF AFTERMARKET WHEELS AND TIRES.

mhsmonte

Greasemonkey
Dec 4, 2008
Kentucky
81msw79 said:
YOU WILL DEFENITLY NEED A VARY LARGE SPACER ADAPER TO PUT THESE ON . BETWEEN THE PRICE OF BOLT ON ADAPTERS AND THE 900 FOR THE WHEELS IT SEEMS LIKE MORE TROUBLE THEN IT IS WORTH. YOUR FRONT STEERING GEOMETRY WILL BE ALL MESSED UP . BETTER OFF PICKING UP A PROPER MADE SET OF AFTERMARKET WHEELS AND TIRES.

Thanks for the info where is the best place to look for a wheel that's this style and will fit my monte?

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
CAN TRY LOOKING AT TSW WHEELS. PROBLEM WITH G BODIES IS THE BACKSPACING. IT IS HARD TO FIND A FLUSH FACE RIM THAT CORRECTLY FITS. WHAT I MEANT WAS FIND A CORRESCT FITTING WHEEL IN A DIFFERENT STYLE THAT CORRECTLY FITS THE CAR.

lwdwn1

n00b
Oct 9, 2013
I'm new here but have a lot of wheel and tire experience. Adapters can be brought for about $140 (good set) not cheap copy. That will compensate for the offset difference. And shouldn't have troubles with rubbing. Have ran several sets on multiple cars over the years without a problem. I think it's a good alternative IMO.

mhsmonte

Greasemonkey
Dec 4, 2008
Kentucky
lwdwn1 said:
I'm new here but have a lot of wheel and tire experience. Adapters can be brought for about $140 (good set) not cheap copy. That will compensate for the offset difference. And shouldn't have troubles with rubbing. Have ran several sets on multiple cars over the years without a problem. I think it's a good alternative IMO.

I might find a local car place that carry adapters and a rim with these specs to see how the fit... I live close to a big city so there has to be someone that would help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor