What years did Buick Regals have the 307 and 305?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMP440

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
Florida
What model years Regals have the Old's 307's and Chevy 305's? Was the 305 Canada only or was it used for the US as well?
Thanks.
George

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
My Dad had an 86 Regal with a 305 here in the states.

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
I was employed by a Buick dealer through the 80's. Never saw a single 305, all were the Olds 307. We did have the Chevy 305 for a while in the 70's. I worked in Pennsylvania, so I never saw a Canadian vehicle, or one with California emissions. It is possible that those variations could have had a SBC motor. Buick and Oldsmobile were subject to a large class-action lawsuit in the 70's over motors from Chevrolets being used in the "premium" Buick and Olds product, so the Buick brass weren't likely to tarnish their product image with a Chevy motor, given a choice.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor