What's it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahbo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 3, 2016
What do y'all figure a Grand Prix console and 2004r shifter assembly are worth? The top plate on the console broke, but is fixable. Also the shift knob wasn't there when I bought the parts car. It's dirty but could be cleaned up. The entire thing is disassembled as I am currently planning on restoring the entire console. But I saw on fleabay they're listed at $600! For that I'll forgo the restore and buy some kilduff lightning rods.

My question is what are these units actually selling for?

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
Was it in similar condition as yours? Also did it sell? Even if both answers were yes, that doesn't mean you can get the same price because being a Grand Prix the demand is less than other G bodies. JMO. I always say "Hogs get slaughtered, Pigs get fat." I always feel it's better to sell and make some money than hang on for who knows long trying to get top dollar. Good luck

Bahbo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 3, 2016
I hadn't seen them sell. I hadn't thought of selling mine until about five minutes before I started this thread. Just happened to be looking for ratchet shifters that would fit the factory console and stumbled across a couple listed there. Thanks for the reply.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
There's a lot of stuff on ebay at insane prices... sometimes I wonder if some of that is part of some money laundering scheme.

I really can't believe $600 for that.

The stock shifter you have, might be a $50-$70 part is chrome is good, everything works, all clips are present, and handle ifss in decent shape.

Console itself... if it needs nothing with nice trim (original style, not someone spray painting it down and calling it 'custom') no damage and everything working properly I'd say $150 is a fair price...

Caveat being prix parts are way less in demand, and a slow sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor