What's it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjaffo

Apprentice
Jul 2, 2022
Monroe Wisconsin
Been on this sight all weekend reading. (I have no life) and came across what people are asking for basic rotted junk. It makes me curious about my own ride. I live in southern Wisconsin so finding a G without rust is kind of hard to do. Anyway, I have a 1980 Elcamino that is in pretty decent shape. No show car but decent. There is no rust on the body and damn little on the frame. Had a repaint original color about 12 years ago and new brake lines about then also. The body does have some small dings so definately not mint. Rear bumper is starting to rust and should be replaced. Has a 350/350 in it and nothing to look at. I redid the rims and not with original accessories. I did them the way I thought they should look. The interior needs work, but it looks like a new headliner was installed at one time. I have limited pictures of it at this time. Just wondering what you all think it might be worth, then I'll tell ya what I paid and see if I was in the ball park.
20210424_133347.jpg
20210704_163306.jpg

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Being up there you probably get a no-rust premium.

Down around here (georgia) is probably about $3500

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
That's a $7-10K ask in these parts

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
base model with v8, no power options inside, repainted, tonneau cover with holes in sheetmetal, seats are nice if original, door panel has wear, no vents on dash?

depending on the rest of the bed and as described, I'd put it somewhere around $5-6,000 depending on where in the country you are

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
It all depends on who the buyer is and how badly they want/need whatever parts are available to them.

jjjaffo

Apprentice
Jul 2, 2022
Monroe Wisconsin
base model with v8, no power options inside, repainted, tonneau cover with holes in sheetmetal, seats are nice if original, door panel has wear, no vents on dash?

depending on the rest of the bed and as described, I'd put it somewhere around $5-6,000 depending on where in the country you are
Yes, I believe it is a base model. I junked the 267 (shot) and put a used TBI 350 in it with a carb swap. Yes, aftermarket cover. Not happy about that. Like I said, interior needs work. There are vents in the center of the dash. This is a non A/C car. The bed is just fine, but original paint (same color). Tailgate is excellent and the bed is sealed and will hold water. I'm not trying to blow smoke up anyone's a$$. The car is what it is. Numbers seem to be all over so I guess me paying $4200 for it here in southern Wisconsin would be a fair price.

Reactions: 1 user

jjjaffo

Apprentice
Jul 2, 2022
Monroe Wisconsin
The only reason I bought this thing is because for Wisconsin it's a pretty decent car and a great foundation to build on. However I'm more of a Cutlass fan. I owned a 1984 from 1999 till 2021 when I sold the body to a friend of mine. Loved that car. Problem was life got in the way and the car sat ten years in the elements. The car didn't like that. Plus the 408 BBC was really doing a number on the car. Didn't know about the bracing back then. My friend had wanted that car for twenty years so I pulled the engine and trans and sold the car to him.
Now I'm at a crossroads, so to speak. I have a brand new 489 BBC package all in boxes in my apartment, (no wife, no girlfriend, no nagging) plus a turbo 400 and many other parts. I could put all that in the Elky, and build the car to handle it, or I could go in a different direction. I would love to unload it and get another Cutlass, but in my area one as clean as this Elky is hard to find. If you do find one the price is just out of sight. I would much prefer to get a clean car with no engine or trans then go backwards and get a complete vehicle in worse shape than what I have now.
What's a guy to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor