whats needed 2 make f body 36mm sway bar mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

79malibu

Master Mechanic
Jul 30, 2007
south dakota
i found a 36 mm bar today off a 91 v6 firebird. end links were rusty so i couldn't retrieve it now but will later when i remember to bring my wrenches. wd40 and ratchet wrenches anyhow. my question is that i seen the f body frame mount brackets are narrower than the g body mount. the bar mounts are attached on a sub bracket thats attached to the frame rails. i dont think i need these sub brackets do i? if i measured right, the bolt spacing on a g body is 31'' from center to center on the frame mount bolts and think it will fit by sliding the collar bushings out a bit from where they were mounted on the f body(29''iirc) I have read of some in this forum that say they couldn't get f body bars to fit.

Black Sheep

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio
I just used the rubber bushings for the 36mm bar, put them in the g-body brackets, and bolted it back into the g-body. Worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor