Votes: 8 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
None of the above. Where are the tick boxes for the other variants?.

This poll is ridiculous unless it is only about the asthmatic "sporty" versions of Gbodies.

Roger.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Loaded question for me. Although each G is 90% identical they bring their own set of issues and benefits.

Best to Mod for Cruiser ( AC PW ect.. )
442 - 8.5 rear, nice comfy interior & trim, cheaper than a GN ( leaving more money for a 403 )

Best When New
Grand National

Best to Mod for Racing
Malibu ( lightest and has the SBC )

Best Seller
Monte, Bu, Cutlass ( as they have the highest production numbers )

Best overall
For me its either the LeMans 2 dr, buckets ,console, nicer dash, sharp syling vs the 78-79 GP
I like the hard body lines but would not buy one as they are harder to find body panels and trim pieces for

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
roger I too felt the poll excluded all the more bland g-bodies which is kind of unfair but you have to understand lots of those have been scrapped here now since g-bodies weren't as rare of a commodity as in your market. 4doors and wagons are getting real hard to find at the parts yard whereas they used to be lined up by the dozens... hence making it inconvenient to own those examples since many people dont save the parts before crushing them

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Let's not forget the Grand Am too. I'd love to get my hands on one if I do another g-body.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
I like all of 'em, but my favorites are the '79 Monte and of course the '84 Monte :)

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Glad the Cutlass *Won* but there's one elusive G-body that didn't get a vote at all and thats the Grand Am. 78-80 in black? Are you kidding me? Would trade 1 of the cutlass I have in a heartbeat for the right 1.

MYFINE79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2009
Brampton, Ontario. CANADA
My G-Body was the first new car I purchased when I was in my early 20's. The car I chose then and which I still like now is the 1979 Pontiac Grandprix SJ. The Grandprix always had a sporty elegant look. I think Pontiac had the best looking interiors. The last few years I have upgraded the suspension, brakes, steering, wheels and tires. This car now handles like a current late model car. I have a Pontiac 301 engine, THM200 trans. all original.Its no powerhouse but runs really well. Car has 200000 plus KM and runs great. From experience my vote goes to the Pontiac Grandprix.

Reactions: 1 user

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
To be honest its like the gbody platform WAS built for the Cutlass. Its the best looking of all. Its just so happens the 87 cutlass was the final transformation and also the best!
Just may be a little bias. Lol

Reactions: 1 user

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
84 grand national with Lear siegler interior. That interior is the best of all gbody including gnx, GN, etc

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
I'm partial to Cutlasses but not all of them and I really like some of the others as well. My vote goes to all of them. Salons, 4 doors, wagons and crucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor