Whats the one thing...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Everyone loves their G body for one reason or another, but whats the one thing that you love about it most!? Whats the one thing you hate about it most!?

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Head and leg room are a little tight... I’m 6’4” and 220lbs....

Reactions: 1 users

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
Love: rides like a cloud
Hate: underpowered (for now)
Love - The looks, waves, and thumbs ups(y)
Hate - leaks

FluoFerret

Greasemonkey
Apr 2, 2018
Luxembourg
What I love about my G-Body: that car saved my life. I bought it when i was 15. Back then I had many bad eggs as friends, and I almost lost myself with the scum of school/society. My parents helped me to get a decent hobby so I would stop hanging around with these so called friends. Since I didn't have the money to buy and rebuild it on my own, they made an agreement with me: "You start taking school serious, get good grades, and we will take care of the money until you can repay. If you make it into university and finish your diploma, you won't have to repay." Well, there was a bait I couldn't refuse, so I took it :D it got me away from the *ssh*les, grades greatly improved, and for extra cash for my Lemans I took student jobs. While some of the former "friends" OD'ed or were jailed, I grew up "normal". The car is cool, G-Bodies are a very rare sight here in Europe, and mine is just about 3 years older than myself.

What I don't like about my G-Body: well, the big parts suppliers haven't discovered us yet in the same way they have other US-Car Classics, so sometimes getting good new OEM parts often is a gamble. Apparently we are the "uncool" kids from the car-scene :D at least that's the feeling I get...

• Winner
  • Friendly
Reactions: 5 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Love- Factory Olds V8 and the last 2 door coupe built with one. Hate- The low value of these cars and short of a GNX, will never be valuable.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Like- Visibility and room. Very few cars have the legroom and rear visibility of a G body. New stuff seems claustrophobic and it's tough to get comfortable. New seats are all about stability and although it can be nice, even a g body bucket is softer and more comfortable than many post 97 style seats. Getting in and out is easy too with the large doors.

Dislike- The DOORS. Blah, at least on 2 doors. Having the frameless windows is cool but g bodies in general did not age well in the the door and window area. Windows leak, they rattle, windows roll up slow, hinges sag, it can be tough to close the doors, windows seem to shift locations.
Runner up- Low HVAC fan speed. High on a g body is equal to medium fan speed on anything post 97ish.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
What I love about my G-Body: that car saved my life. I bought it when i was 15. Back then I had many bad eggs as friends, and I almost lost myself with the scum of school/society. My parents helped me to get a decent hobby so I would stop hanging around with these so called friends. Since I didn't have the money to buy and rebuild it on my own, they made an agreement with me: "You start taking school serious, get good grades, and we will take care of the money until you can repay. If you make it into university and finish your diploma, you won't have to repay." Well, there was a bait I couldn't refuse, so I took it :D it got me away from the *ssh*les, grades greatly improved, and for extra cash for my Lemans I took student jobs. While some of the former "friends" OD'ed or were jailed, I grew up "normal". The car is cool, G-Bodies are a very rare sight here in Europe, and mine is just about 3 years older than myself.

What I don't like about my G-Body: well, the big parts suppliers haven't discovered us yet in the same way they have other US-Car Classics, so sometimes getting good new OEM parts often is a gamble. Apparently we are the "uncool" kids from the car-scene :D at least that's the feeling I get...[/QUOTE

AWESOME story!! Thanks so much for sharing! And you have a great looking car there!!!! Many moons ago i owned a 1980 Le mans wagon, its a long story, and its coincidental you talk about the bad friends, same in this situation, went to an auto auction and mine left me there, had to buy something to get home, so this is what I purchased, a 1980 Pontiac Le Mans wagon. the car only had maybe 60 K at the time, wish i had kept it now lol, love the nose on these!

Last edited:

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
What I like about my El Camino, It was a good car I drove it daily for twenty five years. What I dislike about it, is that I got sick last year and I am still healing and haven't gotten to drive it as much as I would like to. View attachment 108220
BEAUTIFUL EL CAMINO!!!! STUNNING!! ...thanks for sharing, and sorry to hear about you getting sick, hope and pray you have a speedy recovery!!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor