Attachments

• C2E3F544-0E37-4FD1-8595-ABFF9BC8C3A8.jpeg
    C2E3F544-0E37-4FD1-8595-ABFF9BC8C3A8.jpeg
    585.7 KB · Views: 79

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
A lamp, so it appears. Has an "in" and an "out" wire to ground, so I'm betting a small bulb lives inside.

COULD be used for....
....ash tray?
....radio?

Usually, radio lamps just ground themselves to the radio frame and only have one wire to the lamp.

Of course, I'm no help here. Just spitballin'.

Reactions: 1 users

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
A lamp, so it appears. Has an "in" and an "out" wire to ground, so I'm betting a small bulb lives inside.

COULD be used for....
....ash tray?
....radio?

Usually, radio lamps just ground themselves to the radio frame and only have one wire to the lamp.

Of course, I'm no help here. Just spitballin'.
Oh weird, okay. It was just hanging under the dash so i'd like to put it back where it belongs. Trying to clean things up

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Not sure, but those wing things on the tube appear like they may be some sort of clip(s) that snap into something and the little port on the tube directs the light to a single point. I'm leaning ash tray, but A/G bodies are full of surprises. I don't mess with the radios that much, and all my G-bodies are console cars and don't even come with an ash tray under the radio.

Exactly where is it hanging down at? If in the center, I'd say ash tray. That's the best guess I got.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Ashtray light, there should be a fiber optic cable that goes from that to the top of the ashtray mounting frame.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Not sure, but those wing things on the tube appear like they may be some sort of clip(s) that snap into something and the little port on the tube directs the light to a single point. I'm leaning ash tray, but A/G bodies are full of surprises. I don't mess with the radios that much, and all my G-bodies are console cars and don't even come with an ash tray under the radio.

Exactly where is it hanging down at? If in the center, I'd say ash tray. That's the best guess I got.
It clips to an opening on the ashtray mounting plate (both versions, the slide out & pull down types.) There's an opening in the dash in that location to allow it to pass thru to attach to the mounting plate.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor