What's This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018
Does anyone know what this is? It's on my '78 Monte. Its located near the heater fan, the relay and the resistor. My '79 El Camino doesn't have it. Any input will be greatly appreciated! 20210705_180042.jpg 20210705_180054.jpg

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018
You may be on to it. I'll take a closer look at it tomorrow. Thank You Very Much for the info and the link!

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
You're right. It's a thermal switch for the AC. It has a thermal lead going to the low pressure side but has 3 green wires going to the connector. I'll check it out and see what I can find. Thank You!
Should have said 2 connectors. The other green wire likely goes to the idle solenoid to increase the idle when the AC compressor is on. This switch should be in series with a pressure switch in the high side line then goes to the compressor dark green wire.

Here is a diagram with out that switch, just imagine it in series with the pressure switch and the idle solenoid wire comes off of it not the pressure switch. :) If I can find the correct wiring diagram I will post it.

Attachments

• 78 AC.jpg
    78 AC.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018
Should have said 2 connectors. The other green wire likely goes to the idle solenoid to increase the idle when the AC compressor is on. This switch should be in series with a pressure switch in the high side line then goes to the compressor dark green wire.

Here is a diagram with out that switch, just imagine it in series with the pressure switch and the idle solenoid wire comes off of it not the pressure switch. :) If I can find the correct wiring diagram I will post it.
Great information! With the diagram and info, I'll have the AC working like factory freeze again. Thank You!:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor