Whats W30 mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator2206

Apprentice
Feb 22, 2009
Zanesville,Ohio
****editors note : I do not anylonger condone or particapate in stret racing***** that is all

This is a story from some time ago. It was a beautiful summer evening and I was at the local carwash on my towns main strip(if you can call it that), wiping down my 79 H/O. When I heard a fairly decent sounding lope and turned too see a Z it was an 80 or 81 but it wasn't stock.We talked abit and he said he had a 350 thirty over crane cam he had an aftermarket alum intake I don't recall the exact brand and posi rear, he kept askin what I had under my hood and I said ahhh nothin special just some chrome valve pans and aircleaner (in reality I had a 350 rocket .040 over edelbrock performer intake with the divider notched all EDel logos removed with die grinder and painted gold too look stock) I had upgraded to an 8.5 rear with 3.73 posi, well the guys girlfriend asked me whats W30 stand for I kinda laughed and said well it means about the same as Z28 only faster.The Z owner laughed and said yeah right, so I told him hey lets go out on creamery road and find out as we were pullin out a buddy of mine pulled in in his 75 442 a motioned him too follow us, so he could start us after a couple severe *ss thrashings the guy in the Z conceded that the W30 was truly faster then his mighty Z, and after that he and I became pretty decent friends.I will own another 79 H/O out of every car I have owned it is the car I miss the most.

Reactions: Looter
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor