motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
$24K?! Bahahahaa. No. Never.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I agree, the problem is its priced about 17k too high for what it is.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
About the price. If it is what you want and everything is acceptable to you it is worth what you are willing to pay to you. This does not mean you will or will not every be able to sell it for that amount again. I would look at this as a what is it worth to me car and offer that price. You cannot over pay or under pay then. Just remember you are buying a hobby not an investment. We all overpay for things just because they make us smile. Just do not pay enough to make you regret it.

Money in the bank is just that, money in the bank. If it makes you comfortable to have a safety net then it has value. If you have excess and it make you happy knowing it is there then it has value. If you have excess money in the bank and do not care that it is there then it has 0 value. Use it for what makes you happy. If this car is it then enjoy. Just do not pay more than you can afford or a number you will regret in the future.

LLucast80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 7, 2018
That kind of looks like rust in the crimp seam at the inside bottom of the doors. If it is, you have a whole can of worms.

Reactions: 1 user

Lukeschwtz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 13, 2018
Is anybody really getting that kind of money for 442's ? I sold my cutlass in mine profile picture in 18, I had to almost give it away .

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Is anybody really getting that kind of money for 442's ? I sold my cutlass in mine profile picture in 18, I had to almost give it away .
The regular Cutlass go cheap here or sit for sale, forever. There is a H/O and 442 for similar money, they have been for for sale going on years. The 83 H/O has a 86 Vin 9 GM reman replacement motor.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The regular Cutlass go cheap here or sit for sale, forever. There is a H/O and 442 for similar money, they have been for for sale going on years. The 83 H/O has a 86 Vin 9 GM reman replacement motor.
And that's not a horrible thing in a way. The 86 Olds VIN9 engine is floating piston pin roller-cam unit. But, it's still not all original, so there's that.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
And that's not a horrible thing in a way. The 86 Olds VIN9 engine is floating piston pin roller-cam unit. But, it's still not all original, so there's that.
Agree, I found the early 307's very reliable, had a few. The later 307's were as well, they just had more complaints for lack of power, I never actually owned one, drove a few. I really think it was the 2004R and 2.41/2.56 were more the issue in heavy B,C,D bodies. My 81 Delta 88 with the 307/TH250C with the 2.41 was decent for power and got as high as 32 mpg Imperial, mid, high 20's were the usual. If they even would have put a 3.08 standard with 2004R, they would have been much better cars without the dog reputation and actually better on fuel. I wouldn't want this car for the price, not because of the 307, more because of the factory 7.5" rear end. I would want a stroker Olds 350, 420+ ci, use an A4 and try and find the rare 5A 68-69 350 heads and paint it semi gloss black, a big sleeper. I love the 83 with the Sandrift interior but the 7.5" makes the car much less valuable to me. Dam the hot rodder in me😎.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor