What's your favorite vintage wheel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Since my first car was a G body back in the day, a nice set of wheels is a must. I purchased a set of the SST Cragar solid chrome wheels, they looked awesome then, and still look awesome on a G body today. Hands down my favorite vintage wheel. Gives me a nostalgic feel and brings back a lot of great memories.

Adding a picture below found on Google of a set I'm referring to so you can see the style. Post up your favorite vintage wheel you love or may have had! Would love to see some different styles!

1640884950967.png

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
The stock N90 wheels from a Monte Carlo SS are my fave. The repo 17in just make them that much better for me. I like the silver and brushed finish on the OEM version but also dont mind some black thrown in there too. The previous owner of my Monte did just that, though its not done very well at all.

1640885704942.png

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Some of the new retro wheels available today are very nice and get the look just right. The larger modern sizes available helps with the stance people are looking for too. The possibilities are endless

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Absolute favorite...Torque Thrusts. Have a set if them on the blue 79 Monte Carlo also have a set of late 60's early 70's Foresight Ventures "Tracks" but are 14 inch. The add is just out of sight!

TRACKS.jpg P1012061.JPG
Next would be old school Chrome Reverse wheels (Chrome lug nuts, No baby moon caps please) followed close by Cragar S/S, Center line Auto/Drags or Convo Pro's
Factory wheels...14 x 7 Chevelle SS /Oldsmoblle SS1 wheels followed close by the 81-88 Monte Carlo Checkerboards.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Aluminum slots, had a set on my first gbody in high school

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Some of my most favorite wheels were already discontinued when I bought them, some ARE all aluminum 5 spokes and I had to get the last set shipped in from another state. My latest set of headers from Lemons requires a frontrunner so I was no longer able to use them.
normal_hpqscan0014.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Hate me, but I like the 17" Cragars, at least till they start to peel

Personal Favorite? American 200S in as-cast vintage finish

Vintage-American-Racing-200s-Daisy-Style-Wheels-15x7.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor