What's your favorite vintage wheel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Since my first car was a G body back in the day, a nice set of wheels is a must. I purchased a set of the SST Cragar solid chrome wheels, they looked awesome then, and still look awesome on a G body today. Hands down my favorite vintage wheel. Gives me a nostalgic feel and brings back a lot of great memories.

Adding a picture below found on Google of a set I'm referring to so you can see the style. Post up your favorite vintage wheel you love or may have had! Would love to see some different styles!

1640884950967.png

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
I have my favorites on my MC, simple and clean Cragar rims. I do agree they may not look right on a modern car but on an 80's car I think they fit the vehicle perfectly.

Second favorite is not a wheel only. It is what I am putting on my 1941 Chevy. Red steel rims, chrome rings, 1941 Stainless hubcaps and thick white walls. Once again perfect for the period and will make a statement with a 1941 Chevy but not for a modern car.

I believe the best wheels have to match the car they are on. If they do not match the car they are not the best wheel. The 1941 pic is not of my wheel, I have the parts but not together yet. MC is my picture.

Attachments

• MS87.JPG
    MS87.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 41Wheel.JPG
    41Wheel.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
I do so love the vintage American "Daisies" but saw these used in another application and did a test fit on my 85 with some of them that I had from my S-10 and with a little tweaking they don't look so shabby.

chevrolet blazers10 rim part #5063a

Nick

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Since my first car was a G body back in the day, a nice set of wheels is a must. I purchased a set of the SST Cragar solid chrome wheels, they looked awesome then, and still look awesome on a G body today. Hands down my favorite vintage wheel. Gives me a nostalgic feel and brings back a lot of great memories.

Adding a picture below found on Google of a set I'm referring to so you can see the style. Post up your favorite vintage wheel you love or may have had! Would love to see some different styles!

View attachment 189310
I love these wheels on 74-79 Trans Am

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I still have a set of Weld Prostars in the shop that I used to run on my 71 442. Bought them from Summit. They're such an easy wheel, IMO. The split construction is kind of weird, though.

Reactions: 3 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Craiger SST's on my 80 Century Turbo Coupe, have the original factory aluminum wheels in plastic and was going to put them back on, but these just look so bad a** on this car

1641701821683.png

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Craiger SST's on my 80 Century Turbo Coupe, have the original factory aluminum wheels in plastic and was going to put them back on, but these just look so bad a** on this car

View attachment 189931
I chased a guy down just to buy his car for one of those rear wings! Bought the whole car for $300.00. Never got to put it on my 442 Notchback. Sold it with the car and the kid totaled the car two weeks later. Was a sad day for me all the way around.

• Wow

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I chased a guy down just to buy his car for one of those rear wings! Bought the whole car for $300.00. Never got to put it on my 442 Notchback. Sold it with the car and the kid totaled the car two weeks later. Was a sad day for me all the way around.
Thats a shame. Even when you sell a vehicle, you still have an attachment at times to it, and when you see something destroyed you can't help feeling a little jab at the heart,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor