Wheel back spacing for a 56.25" 9 inch rear

Status
Not open for further replies.

DysonSS

Greasemonkey
Feb 26, 2017
Littleton NH
Hello fellow G body owners. I am a newbie to the forum.I have a question on wheel back spacing. I recently took in a ford 9 inch housing that is 561/4 inches from axle flange axle flange (where the wheel studs are) the factory 7.5 is 58". I need some help figuring out what wheel back spacing to run. I have been reading the forums for days but have not come to a conclusion. I am hoping 15x8 with 3.5" of back spacing would work but I found some weld draglites that are 15x10 with 2.5" of back spacing. I plan on running a 28 10.5 slick or drag radial. This is primarily a strip car and will not be on the road much. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
3.5" BS (the effective BS or a 2.5" BS with a 1"/side shorter axle) on a 10" wheel will rub HARD on the fender lip. Even 3.5" BS on an 8" wheel will need a fender roll on most G-bodies with a 28" tire (unless the back end is jacked way up).

DysonSS

Greasemonkey
Feb 26, 2017
Littleton NH
That's what I was thinking thanks for your input. It is greatly appreciated, I'm worried that the tire is going to rub hard on the frame with the axle being 1 inch shorter on each side. I was hoping I could make up the difference in axle length with a different wheel back spacing, like when using an a body 12 bolt but goingbkn the opposite direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor