Wheel cylinder bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Got the brackets out to put them on the wheel cylinders but I'm not liking how they are sitting on the cylinder. I would of thought they would fit the radius of the cylinder but only the edges are touching. Everything is Raybestos. I took a cylinder off to see what is going on & it seems like the radius is too tight. Not sure if I should bend the out a hair or try another wheel cylinder
. DSCN3237.JPG DSCN3239.JPG DSCN3240.JPG DSCN3241.JPG

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
maybe you can contact 403olds since he has installed the clips

I did the blazer front and manual s10 cylinders with the clips at the same time, not for sure which one was better, but my brakes are much improved now.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm sure it couldn't hurt to bend it a tad to conform to the shape of the wheel cylinder...

Last edited:

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Subscribed. I have cylinders and brackets I haven't installed yet so I'm interested to see how this turns out.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
Don't remember having that same issue, but instead of using the self tapping bolts, I drilled and tapped the backing plate bracket. I'm assuming once it tightens down, it will conform to it better. I still used the original clips on the inside, so the combination of the two can't hurt.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Thanks for the input guys. The taps with the bolt holes should be flush with the backing plate but with the odd fit they are not. I was thinking about bending them to fit better. I'll be heading back to the garage soon to work on them. And I got my ARP stainless bolts for them today.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
ah, just throw a camaro disc conversion at it! lol:rolleyes:

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I got out the universal tools (hammer, iron pipe) & got it opened up. They fit alot better now. Didn't get them on since the Jr mechanic needed me to join him to play with the Hot Wheels. Can't then him no.
Disc brakes did cross my mind again.

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
OK, finally got the time to get the brackets on but ended in a FAIL. First bracket, first hole, got the spot centered, did the pilot hole, then the final hole, tapped (with cutting oil), got it all the way thru...SNAP! Broke the tap in the hole. I cleaned it up just to walk away for the time being. Now I'll have to get a good drill bit to get the hole cleaned out & see what damage was done. 1evilregal, that disc conversion is looking better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor