Wheel Fitment Guide

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Nope, only way 7.5" BS gonna fit our cars is with stupid wide adapters (2-3/4" at least) or a minitub.
I'm running a 17x7 front with 4" BS and a 225/50/17 and a 17x8 rear with 4.5" BS and a 255/45/17. Fitment is perfect, no rubbing.
Damn. Thank you for the advice. So 17x7 4" bs in front. I would like 17x10 in the rear. Would that have to be 5.5 bs?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Agree
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Damn. Thank you for the advice. So 17x7 4" bs in front. I would like 17x10 in the rear. Would that have to be 5.5 bs?
You can fit a 8" wide front wheel too, I just wanted a staggered setup. The Cutlass has less room in the wheelwell than the other G cars unfortunately.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
You can fit a 8" wide front wheel too, I just wanted a staggered setup. The Cutlass has less room in the wheelwell than the other G cars unfortunately.
Probly looks better like that. Mine are all 15x7, but thought i found a sweet deal to grab. My uncle is under the impression i need 10inch wide tires in the rear...but im not modifying the car just for wide tires.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Probly looks better like that. Mine are all 15x7, but thought i found a sweet deal to grab. My uncle is under the impression i need 10inch wide tires in the rear...but im not modifying the car just for wide tires.
Maybe agree with him and then have him do the frame notch for you

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia

10” wide tires and 10” wide wheels are two different things. I know I’m going to hate myself for asking, but................nope, I ain’t doing it.

Reactions: 1 user

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
10” wide tires and 10” wide wheels are two different things. I know I’m going to hate myself for asking, but................nope, I ain’t doing it.
I meant 10 inch wide rims in the rear. But if that requires modifications to work, i will not do that.

Feb 16, 2020
Good afternoon all!

Took a while to get through all 27 pages.

I have a 1979 Monte that has had 15" Ultras that look like American Racing "Gamblers." With a recent engine upgrade I'm looking to move to a tire with a little more "bite." However, as discussed throughout this forum, it has become difficult to purchase performance tires in a 15". So, I've decided that after 20 years it is time to upgrade her shoes. I have two questions really.

First question: Are the fender tolerances on my 3rd Gen Monte similar to the rest of the G-body family? I've been looking through here and it looks like you can fit quite a bit of wheel under these. I want to fill up the fender wells on all four corners. I have to admit that the math you guys have figured out is pretty impressive, but it makes my head swim a tad!

Some details: A few years back I installed a Hotchkis suspension kit that lowered the ride height about 1.5-2in. While I am looking to modernize the look a tad, I want a LITTLE sidewall in the back, but nothing like I'm running now. How big can I go in the wheel and tire dept? Was thinking either 17s all around or 17s in the front and 18s in the back.

Anybody got pictures of their 3rd Gen with 17s or 18s tucked up inside? Did you have to roll the rear fender lips?

Looks like 4.5' backspacing seems to be the norm? Something 9in wide should be OK as well? 9.5in wide? I'm not concerned about all four being the same size as I don't rotate them anyway.

What additional info can I provide?

Second question. I have my WHEEL choices narrowed down to five. All are modern editions of more classic styled wheels.

Standard - U204

Standard - U104

VN409 TTO 2 PIECE

VN515 CLASSIC TORQ THRUST II 1-PIECE

VN615 TORQ THRUST II

I am struggling to find pictures of any 3rd Gen Monte Carlos with these wheels on them. Anybody have any? If not, how about a solid shot from a similar G-Body?

Here is what mine looks like now:

Thanks,
Russ

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
If this has already been shared, sorry. I declined to go through every post. Courtesy of Monte Carlo SS .com
1584037072806.png

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor