Wheel fitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

betsy84

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
hey guys, i'm kinda new to cars all together, but i was hoping someone could please tell me what my bolt pattern is, ive had ppl tell me 4.5 and 4.75! so its kinda confusing, also what kind of backspacing i would need on a 15x8 wheel with a 295 tire on it. im assuming at least 4"? if any guys wanna post what tire sizes theyre running or whatever thats cool too just to give me ideas. theres not alot of gbodys done up and rolling around up here in Toronto. thanks. -chris

dragginwagon406

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 16, 2005
Most definitely is 5 on 4 3/4". The threads on the wheel studs changed in post 81 to metric. Not sure on BS needed but I'm fairly confident the largerst tire that will fit well is a 275/60-15. I think BS would be around 4". Caprice wagon springs will help keep those big tires from rubbing if you carry many passengers. Ride height is very close to stock, only a much higher rate.

betsy84

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
mmm yes thanks for the reply -i was wondering about springs, i got 3" lifters but was hoping to find some springs that were a bit stiffer, and my dad said i should look at wagons because theyd have some but i didnt believe him cuz hes a vintage motorcycle guy so. lol. what caprice wagons? 80s? any other type of wagons? ie, malibu, roadmaster, etc. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor