Wheel hop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
At the very least boxing them will help.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
ERIC87442 said:
the uper and lower trailing bars that hold the rear end on the car are designed to flex for a comfortable ride, but gives you wheel hop i would up grade those with something stronger, like this http://www.hotchkis.net/19781988_gm_ag_ ... _pckg.html
but not that because thats an awfal price, you can find them on ebay or summit or anything maybe not that brand but they are just as good i would suppose

I have never had wheel hop issues with my Cutlass, or my old one. That was with a 307 and with a more powerful 350. Could the bushings be extremely worn and be causing problems?

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
could be? but thats what i always heard was the cause to that, both my 87 442s had wheel hop, my old one did it alot more, mine now does it a few times, maybe it has something to do with the years? my buddy had an 82 i dont recall that wheel hoping

neverendingmonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver B.C.
I used to get wheel hop really bad and I got anti hop bars. I can;t remember who makes em, but I think lakewood has them, and they change the mounting position of the upper control arm higher changing the geometry. Depending on your power output its a much cheaper solution than boxed upper and lower control arms, but I wouldn't expect perfect results with a lot of power output

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
mine hopped once thats it normally it will behave lol

Chevyonbillets

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 17, 2010
Miami , Florida DAde CoUnTy
neverendingmonte said:
I used to get wheel hop really bad and I got anti hop bars. I can;t remember who makes em, but I think lakewood has them, and they change the mounting position of the upper control arm higher changing the geometry. Depending on your power output its a much cheaper solution than boxed upper and lower control arms, but I wouldn't expect perfect results with a lot of power output

Were did you get the anti hop bars at??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor