Wheels..... can make it or beak it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
I agree, don't compromise on wheels and tires, because even though you might draw the line at some point, at the end of the day, you're going to end up with what you really wanted to begin with anyway, even if it means buying more than once.

I chimed in earlier in an attempt to justify the outdated directional wheels I have on my beater wagon. Here are some examples of cars that I went the extra mile on wheel and tire selection and fitment. Agreed, they're not G-Bodies, but just examples of where I did pony up the extra coin to get what I felt belonged on there. In the case of the Vert, the wheels are stock, but the whitewall made the difference and even those were custom ordered from Diamondback because you can't get that width whitewall just anywhere anymore, and I won't deal with Coker.
IMG_2797.JPG

IMG_0989.JPG

p 5750.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I agree, don't compromise on wheels and tires, because even though you might draw the line at some point, at the end of the day, you're going to end up with what you really wanted to begin with anyway, even if it means buying more than once.

I chimed in earlier in an attempt to justify the outdated directional wheels I have on my beater wagon. Here are some examples of cars that I went the extra mile on wheel and tire selection and fitment. Agreed, they're not G-Bodies, but just examples of where I did pony up the extra coin to get what I felt belonged on there. In the case of the Vert, the wheels are stock, but the whitewall made the difference and even those were custom ordered from Diamondback because you can't get that width whitewall just anywhere anymore, and I won't deal with Coker. View attachment 108816

View attachment 108817

View attachment 108818

Those are all diverse and uniquely cool rides!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

spicercars

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2019
Saginaw MN
I also like the stock style wheels and tires. 15" wheels and 235/60/15 tires.
20160602_172949.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
All black is played out in my opinion. I was a huge proponent of the murdered-out look for a long time (it was a running joke (based on fact) that all I had were all-black cars). Colours or tints and contrast (machined or polished surfaces) are a better options as it makes the car uniquely yours. I managed to make this happen with my wife's GMC Canyon Denali wheels last year, they are machined on the spoke surface, with carbon windows, finished in a smoked-tinted top coat - at night they look near-black, until light hits the spokes then they pop with the reflection, and during the day there is a rainbow effect from the machining under the smoked finish when the light cascades off of them (otherwise they just look dark grey). It is like having 3-4 different sets of wheels:

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-non-g-body-project-today.67368/post-625986

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-non-g-body-project-today.67368/post-626035

Completely agree, I liked the murdered out look before it was a thing then was over it when most people got into it. Like those wheels for sure, I have done similar with most of my stuff going gunmetal or some sort of dark grey as opposed to black. I have always been anti chrome, just have to keep switching up when it goes to. Have been thinking about a 72 Roadrunner with a gunmetal front and rear bumper, as opposed to factory chrome and some people who just paint them. I do like the look of the paint on it especially this one, but think gunmetal would give it a really nice contrast on the pro touring setup.

188126_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Grandma:
regalfirst.jpg

Racecar:
regalnice2.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor