Wheels..... can make it or beak it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I truly love the factory look of wheels on our beloved "G" body cars, maybe its because of seeing so many with non appealing aftermarket wheels, and hardly any true originals anymore. However, some aftermarket wheels can make your ride look even BETTER than the factory look, taking stance, width and height into consideration, you can obtain a look the car needs to improve or compliment its design. Its almost like pin stripping or accessories, it needs to blend and flow together to compliment your ride and not be like a "SORE THUMB" and draw all the attention. Just my humble opinion, who agrees!? Would love to hear your opinions! :)

Reactions: 1 user

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Getting outside of engineered solutions or recipes is the difference maker.

Last edited:

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I always tend to like something a little different

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Those wheels with the wide outer lip on your MC look incredible! Tastefully done!

I appreciate it, actually already sold those wheels and replaced them because when I bought them I didn't think they had the chrome look they did. I went with these, once shes cleaned up and all done I think she will look good.
20180919_075304 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
I agree on wheel choice. It makes ALL the difference.

On my cars that I care about, I go the extra mile to insure that the style and fit and function all work in unison. However, on my wagon, it's a beater, and I only do what is necessary. I used what parts I had laying around. I have two set of wheels for all my daily drivers (winter and the rest of the year) I know the wheels are an outdated 90's throwback. I get it and I really don't care. That's why they're not on any of the other cars anymore. This is the third car that I've run them on. It will likely be the last.

Reactions: 1 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
I'm either Old School Cragar SS's or the American Racing Outlaws AR61's (Solid, no holes). I prefer the Cragar SS's but damn, at almost $200 per, and the Outlaws are $100 per

If its not one of those two on a G-Body, then stock for me....

-Gonz

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
I'm not a big fan of rubber band tires, like 21's or bigger on a classic car. For me, 17 or 18" wheels with a stockish look are the biggest on a G-Body.
My ElCo came on a set of 15" S10 5-spoke wheels, which look like they've been on there from factory.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor