wheels on protouring regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwea93

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 5, 2012
lansing, mi
ok i've been searching and searching and cant find any real info, i need to know if 18x9 rear and 17x8 front corvette wheels, or 17x9 all 4 off of a ws6 trans am will fit on my g body. so what i need to know is can i get to that larger size without having to re work my frame and inner fenders and so i wont need to use wheel spacers (at least not on the front). thanks guys, cant wait to find out

jwea93

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 5, 2012
lansing, mi
ws6 wheels

corvette wheels

Attachments

• corvette wheels.jpg
    corvette wheels.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 3,229
  • ws6 wheels.jpg
    ws6 wheels.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 3,384

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
You're gonna need spacers. Even if you did whatever it would take to tuck them in without spacers, the wheels would be sitting in to far and really wouldnt look that great.

jwea93

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 5, 2012
lansing, mi
jrm81bu said:
You're gonna need spacers. Even if you did whatever it would take to tuck them in without spacers, the wheels would be sitting in to far and really wouldnt look that great.

what factory wheels would fit and look good? i'm on a tight budget so i cant pay $200 per aftermarket wheel and have to buy tires on top of that

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Just about anything from the mid 90's and newer will require spacers. Except for S10's, the ZQ8 wheels look good. 3rd gen f-body wheels work but the 16 IROC wheels need spacers or four "front" wheels. I'd keep a sharp eye on craigslist, some good deals in aftermarket wheels, just double check what you're looking at to be sure it'll fit.

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
5 and 7 series bmw wheels from the late 90s-early 2000s will fit as they are 5x120mm. Chevy is 5x127mm if im not mistaken.To compensate for the 7mm diff you can get hubcentric rings for cheap. I run style 5's on my monte. Thats what bmw called them but they are really genuine BBS RS 17in two piece wheels. There are some others like the M-parallel that have the look youre looking for and can be found on the cheap sometimes whit good tires. I bought mine for $550 with all brand new falken 235/45/17's Do a google search for "bmw protouring wheels"

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
5x127 is 5x5. 5x4.75 is actually 120.65/120.7 depending on precision. If you use these wheels for the love of God get HUB CENTRIC adapters. The lugs on the adapter shouldn't hold the weight of the car, which is what would happen if you used the cheap spacers without a hub for the wheel to ride on.
Hub centric
162565d1232738709-1-25-billet-hubcentric-wheel-adapters-wheel-adapters-001.jpg

Non-hub centric
3950046.jpg

See the lip in the center of the hub centric adapter? That's crucial. Be ready to spend between $150-200 unless you find a set of used adapters. I'm in the same boat and just about to order some for the 17x9 (possibly 17x9.5") Camaro wheels I'm putting on mine... got a deal on the wheels/tires a few years back I couldn't pass up - turning out to be a little more expensive than I planned, but still a reasonably decent price for a set of wide 17" wheels with nearly new tires.

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
My bad, I was half asleep when i posted. I meant to say 120.7mm. I do think you would need to center the wheel but only with hubcentric rings which are pretty cheap. You can use hubcentric spacers for the offset but those arent that expensive( can be had for less than $100) Im sure the hubcentric adapters are kinda pricey but I dont feel they are a must. But that only my opinion. There has been an ongoing debate about that .7mm diff. for some time.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
IMO Your best bet for cheap and look pro tour-ish and as a bonus factory-ish or like they belong there is used ZQ8 wheels from a S-10 extreme. Here is an example of the wheels; http://paceperformance.com/i-6255277-12 ... ckage.html And actually priced right for brand new considering its for four with centers, lug nuts, and valve stems. There are pics on this forum of gbodys with ZQ8s on them.

Tire rack has 245/50/16s cheap. But they are a smidge short at 25.6 tall. Discount tire direct has Falkens in a 255/50/16 for $110 a tire. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direc ... r=50&rd=16

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor