Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Not crazy about the prostars, but not sure these are an improvement. I like TTs, but isn't really "wow"ing me.

IMG_0169[1].JPG

IMG_0627[1].JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I prefer TT over the prostars, but both have been beat to death IMO

• Agree

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I prefer TT over the prostars, but both have been beat to death IMO
Yep. The stuff I really think looks good and different are waaay out of budget for this car. Too many projects.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Maybe consider painting the Prostar centers for a different look possibly body color

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Not at all a fan of painted wheels especially body color. But, different strokes and all that

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Maybe consider painting the Prostar centers for a different look possibly body color
Painted torque thrusts always reminded me of a poor man's late 2nd gen z28 wheel.

 sometimes a painted wheel can look good, but, all too many times its the default choice of tweakers who either had rusty chrome or peeling clearcoat and tried to cover up the issues.

That said, I've always like the TT look. Maybe because they had that classic design vibe going back to the old cragars everyone had on a 1960s or 70s anything. On your car it's a bit of a tough sell either way, but, I'd point out that even as they sit the centers are painted a dark Argent and aren't polished.

Now, obviously the spoke shape is slightly different. And the amount of polished lip would be much larger. And you need to excuse the morning condensation. But, here's a picture of my old z28. Which was a similar color to your car. It'd give an idea of how a body colored spoke sets against the paint.

That paint shade is an awful lot of real-estate of a unique color to try to have a wheel not stand out of place against rather than act as a compliment to.

IMG_0852.JPG

You can also see the now-wife's POS Honda parked behind it, now a maytag or some such. Back then I had my Z outside, plus my firebird and clk430 which lived in the garage. About 5 years after this photo I got her into a new mustang. So, there was at least progress, and not only for having dragged me into her life.

Edit: not sure what color yours is, but mine was IIRC called carmine red.

Last edited:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Not at all a fan of painted wheels especially body color. But, different strokes and all that
Trying to do stuff on a budget limits your options , just throwing it out there, as far as TT's IMO they have been done to death, I prefer something different that compliments the look of the car.

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Trying to do stuff on a budget limits your options , just throwing it out there, as far as TT's IMO they have been done to death, I prefer something different that compliments the look of the car.
I get it, sorry, I guess my response was a little harsh

There are a lot of wheels I like the looks of, just hard to pull the trigger on a couple grand$$ purchase without knowing what they look like "on the car". Most online visualizers don't have a Malibu coupe, and the couple I found don't offer much in wheel choices aside from the usual suspects.

First-world problems, I guess

Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Most online visualizers don't have a Malibu coupe, and the couple I found don't offer much in wheel choices aside from the usual suspects.
I usually only see Regals in the simulators for Gbody's, you could probably photo shop some different wheels to a picture of your car to get an idea of how they will look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor