Whelp..... that didnt last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago I picked up a really nice, barely worked, 1 ton extended wheelbase tow van with a 350/4l80e/14 bolt sf running 4.10 gears.

It was a nice rig.
29812.jpeg

Damage doesn't look too bad in that pic until you realize the core support pushed back 6 in ch es, crushed the battery open, ac and radiator ruptured, you get the idea.

Grand Cherokee was totalled on site by his insurance company - that tilted wheel was just dragging barely attached.

So, in addition to a massive amount of pain and piles of doc visits to find what else is wrong... I did treat myself to something new of necessity. Here it iis on the way home next to our v6 highway car

20180908_170629.jpg

Knock on wood, hope this is the start of a change for the better and all this stuff ends....

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
man that's always tough.glad you're here to tell the tale though.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Whole corner got pushed in, basically grille and rad support got shoved, hit master cylinder, all the rest. The FD bent the bumper and fender away from the tire so it could roll and turn, but, wouldn't restart due to crushed battery....

I'm thinking of trying to get the salvage buyback to get that 130k mile driveline....

What are the specs on your new F-150? :unsure:

As to the f150... it's darned hard to get options on a regular cab truck these days. Nobody loads them up anymore.

So the f150 has the base 3.3, proven 6spd auto, 4x4, 3.55 gears, tow pkg&hitch, pw/pdl/ptailgatelock, sync, tow hooks, xm, nav, cruise, cameras, probably some other things I'm not thinking of.

Sticker was a hair under $38k. Take away costco discount, Ford bonus cash offers, and a ford private cash offer they sent me, truck was about $25,8xx.

Came with ford backed esp bumper to bumper for 8yrs/150k; has a lifetime power train warranty from the dealer group; first year maintenance free; and 6yrs key replace, tire/rim hazard, paint less dent/ding repair, paint protection, interior protection, glass coverage, etc.

Attachments

• 20180830_184923.jpeg
    20180830_184923.jpeg
    873.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Agree

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
How are you doing with the aches and pain? I hope that Jeep driver at least thanked you for getting his pos off the road and paid for by the insurance.

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
that was a nice rig ! I have not seen one ( in decent shape anyways ) for quite a while

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
How are you doing with the aches and pain? I hope that Jeep driver at least thanked you for getting his pos off the road and paid for by the insurance.
Actually, guy didn't even apologize. Asked him what he was thinking and he said (somehow) he didn't see that huge van... who knows. Guy had some 13 year old with a different last name in the passenger seat per police report.... granddaughter or the guy is a bigger scumbag that I thought. He got 3 citations and increased insurance premiums for his trouble I'm sure.

I hope he was underwater on his payments.

Pains been tough, thanks for asking. he actually hit it almost head on off center but I guess bounced off to a degree due thought the much heavier van momentum so a lot of the contents (no package gate barrier inside) hit me/the dash/the windshield as well.

Worst issue is a pain side effect is blood pressure issues... normally around a 100/60 or so, 20 minutes after accident I was 118/76, went down a lil on the morphine but at discharge about 7 hrs later 133/88. Fri night wound up in the urgent care as the meds werent strong enough or controlling spasms, 151/103. So there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor