When did this become a thing?

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I first noticed this when my wife bought her Jeep, but when did they start putting the salesman's name on the license plate frames? I get annoyed at the dealer branded frames anyway, but this just seems excessive.

Also LOL on the name.

20221007_143823.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I hate when the dealer puts their sticker on the rear of the car. When we bought wifes camaro the sales manager and I did not exactly get along. Their was no sticker on the car when we picked it up as In asked but the bast**d put one on for a couple of services. It is hard to irk me, but.....this SOB

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Some had it 60 years ago.

I don't recommend anyone googling her. Yours might shrink up.
I'm gonna say it....

One might call it a Little Debbie...

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by Justin

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I hate when the dealer puts their sticker on the rear of the car. When we bought wifes camaro the sales manager and I did not exactly get along. Their was no sticker on the car when we picked it up as In asked but the bast**d put one on for a couple of services. It is hard to irk me, but.....this SOB
Well, knowing what I know about this dealership I definitely get those same sleazy vibes. They managed to screw my wife out of her complimentary oil changes and told her she bought the extended warranty with the vehicle, but it was suddenly not in their records when she actually needed the warranty. Nobody in the family buys anything from there anymore.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
To be honest I'd rather have the frame (minus the sales person's name) over the sticker. Both are better than the old school metal ones that the screwed right into the tail panel or trunk lid.

I'm surprised to see a sales person name on it cause they usally come & go at most dealerships.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
To be honest I'd rather have the frame (minus the sales person's name) over the sticker. Both are better than the old school metal ones that the screwed right into the tail panel or trunk lid.

I'm surprised to see a sales person name on it cause they usally come & go at most dealerships.
Probably one of them things for being there long enough or in a certain position.

FluoFerret

Greasemonkey
Apr 2, 2018
Luxembourg
dealers putting their names on license plate frames is pretty much standart in europe, but frowned on by customers, but hey, the frame is free of charge and nobody reads it anyway (if everybody is ..., then nobody is...). the name of the sales representative? nope, never saw it in my life... i wouldn't accept it either...

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
From the 50s (or before) most used rivet a die cast plaque with their name to the trunk!

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
First thing I'd remove regardless of what it says. You already paid how much for the vehicle and now they want free advertising? I feel the same way about raised white lettered tires btw.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor