When sanding filler when do you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Add more filler OR use finishing glaze? What i mean is how big an area is too much for glaze? Quarter size, dime size, etc.
I have a few smaller Quarter sized low spots but one about 2 inch by 3 inch...
I'm guessing a little more Rage ultra?

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
I try to only use the glazing putty on pin holes in the sealer after finishing body work. You could use it, but it may show the imperfection later. If you are going to use a glazing putty, make sure its a good quality 2 part type. The one's that are just apply and dry ALWAYS break down and show pinholes/ blemishes in the top coat. Now is when it pays off to do to your detail work, everything after this will just magnify with primer, base, and clear.

Reactions: 3 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I try to only use the glazing putty on pin holes in the sealer after finishing body work. You could use it, but it may show the imperfection later. If you are going to use a glazing putty, make sure its a good quality 2 part type. The one's that are just apply and dry ALWAYS break down and show pinholes/ blemishes in the top coat. Now is when it pays off to do to your detail work, everything after this will just magnify with primer, base, and clear.
Thanks. That's kinda what I thought. I do have a 2 part glaze but I will only use it as you stated

Reactions: 1 users

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
Agreed with above, i also only use it on tiny pin holes from the filler after getting everything straight.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor