CHEVY When they said " He's flyin' down the strip........."

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
QUOTE: Couple of new Dzus fittings and a fresh fire suit and he’s ready for the next pass.

Last edited:

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Had the wits to pull the chute.
Saw this one a little ways back... my take away is, this should be proof that you should get an insurance discount for adding a chute to your car just like they give for airbags...

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
QUOTE: Couple of new Dzus fittings and a fresh fire suit and he’s ready for the next pass.

I accept that my synopsis was pretty ignorant. But after the hard landing on the right front, he continued straight down the track. Clearly a well built car. And it turns out he made a successful pass the very next day (passed tech). Right rear fender needs an update. For Sail.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Had the wits to pull the chute.

$5 says there was an onboard system(s) tied to a yaw sensor and accelerometers (probably wheel speed sensors too) that deployed it automatically.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary

The manual button on the trailer brake controller has saved my bacon a few times.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
maybe the fan is too big

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor