When you lose the 10mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Yup, this one here the block was fine, them marine engines are a little looser..

Mine was just me stirring the pot. Been laid up lately with nothing to do so....

You can only do so much shopping for car stuff online before you run out of ads to look at.
Or run out of money haha..

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Yup, this one here the block was fine, them marine engines are a little looser..

Or run out of money haha..
Right now I've moved on.... I'm trying to find some 12 foot tall pallet rack nearby, but everything is a couple hours away and truck freight to order new kills the deal.

Marine engine... big cube setup.... was it a crusader 496?

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
Guy down the street had this happen to his boat engine.. big cube setup, snapped that valve and it stood up in the chamber, so yea the socket one is quite possible.

View attachment 177506
Seen that before, the machine shop I brought my engine to had a piston with the face of a valve sticking out of it just like that. Supposedly it happened during a 1/4 mile pass and locked the engine up when it buried the valve.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Seen that before, the machine shop I brought my engine to had a piston with the face of a valve sticking out of it just like that. Supposedly it happened during a 1/4 mile pass and locked the engine up when it buried the valve.

Must have been an auto trans, cuz in a stick that sounds like a code brown.

• Agree

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Yea that's definitely one thing with the auto, engine locks up at least you can coast.
Marine engine... big cube setup.... was it a crusader 496?
Not sure what exactly it was, just know it was big and blew up within 30 sec, didn't ask much more, that's aggravating enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor