Where are the new Monte Carlos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
The Cutlass and the Grand Prix will never be made again; but where is the new Monte Carlo at? The new lineup of gm cars is so boring without it. Zzz. pun completely intended

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
If they brought it back it would just be another european looking import like all the other cars these days. Just like the new GN or GNX :puke:

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
images

Not necessarily they could base it on this CTS coupe platform and with a different grille / some more rugged trim options it would be a decent starting point for a decent rwd car + it would have 2-3 engine choices easily...

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm happy that GM has decided to keep a rear wheel drive, V8 powered sedan in its lineup. When you get right down to it though, the Chevy SS is just a badge engineered version of the Pontiac G8, which was discontinued when GM killed off the Pontiac division a few years ago. Its a shame that GM doesn't market the SS in Canada.

King_V

Master Mechanic
Jul 17, 2013
Sicklerville, NJ
Is it me, or does that seem a tad . . pricey.

I guess GM hasn't learned from the GTO fiasco...

"Why won't anyone buy this?"

"Because you're selling what looks like an oversized Pontiac Sunfire, that is only a hair quicker than a Mustang GT, the latter of which looks WAY cooler and costs $10K LESS, and you're just hoping people nostalgic for the name 'GTO' will pay a premium, that's why."

I wanted to like the GTO, I really did. But if I were in the market for a new car, I couldn't justify an extra $10K for it when the Mustang was competitive with it speed-wise and had WAY more visual appeal.

Now the sedan.... it's a Chevy, not a Cadillac, but it's priced in the "upscale" range? Maybe upper management knows something I don't....

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I guess I'm just too faithful to the last gen of B-bodies... I can get excited over the IRS, the 6speed (even though it's only in an automatic) and the ls based powerplant, but I just can't get past the look of it being the offspring of a CRUZE and a G8.... I'll pass and just keep the thrill of my g-bodies

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
pontiacgp said:
we have a new chevy ss in our shop.... :mrgreen:

375676_10152112396014246_684479576_n.jpg

Nice! Fresh panels and everything! My buddy has kind of got out of track racing for awhile and I've been missing working on the car. I enjoy seeing any of your pictures and look forward to seeing more when racing season starts.

As far as a new Monte Carlo goes, the last generation was ugly anyways. Also, front wheel drive is no fun. Like others have said, the name is dated and likely wont return to the line up if for no other reason than that. You'll be hard pressed to find many car companies who keep one name for decades. The Monte Carlo wouldn't be considered one of the more iconic GM names by most compared to Camaro, Impala, Silverado, etc.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
King_V said:
Is it me, or does that seem a tad . . pricey.

I guess GM hasn't learned from the GTO fiasco...

"Why won't anyone buy this?"

"Because you're selling what looks like an oversized Pontiac Sunfire, that is only a hair quicker than a Mustang GT, the latter of which looks WAY cooler and costs $10K LESS, and you're just hoping people nostalgic for the name 'GTO' will pay a premium, that's why."

I wanted to like the GTO, I really did. But if I were in the market for a new car, I couldn't justify an extra $10K for it when the Mustang was competitive with it speed-wise and had WAY more visual appeal.

Now the sedan.... it's a Chevy, not a Cadillac, but it's priced in the "upscale" range? Maybe upper management knows something I don't....

Modern performance is upscale. They have made alot of advancements, but they push the price bar up with the HP bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor