Where did all the 2711 Manifolds go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I noticed even the used 3711 are going for big bucks now. I know you don't want to hear this but a 9.5+ to 1 350 with a W31 cam will like the RPM intake better. It is 2" taller with nice sweeping runners and a Qjet bolts right on. It was BS Edelbrock added $100 over the 3711 when they released it. Every family owned company sold goes to sh*t under the new corporate owners.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
I noticed even the used 3711 are going for big bucks now. I know you don't want to hear this but a 9.5+ to 1 350 with a W31 cam will like the RPM intake better. It is 2" taller with nice sweeping runners and a Qjet bolts right on. It was BS Edelbrock added $100 over the 3711 when they released it. Every family owned company sold goes to sh*t under the new corporate owners.

I have 2 of those too! and cheaper! $503 CDN

Probably cuz we're still family owned :banana:

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Built an Olds and ASSUMED parts would be on the shelf everywhere?

It's not 1970...or even 1987 when I was selling this stuff and it was stocked. It's an LS and Coyote world today...I even saw a video last nite with a Coyote in a square body Chevy

I've been waiting for 3 weeks for seat cover material samples from Dixie or PUI so I can finish my interior. Dixie is out and PUI doesn't seem to care.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Oldscarnut

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State

It took me a long time to choose the more expensive one, but the clearance issue was first, and secondly I went with a milder W-30 Auto cam. I cannot imagine my foot staying in it above 5400 even when I like the sound, and I wanted it to pull from idle and not have to get a higher stall. I do have the large valves and the HP exhaust manifolds so if I am unhappy down the road I will move up to the 7111....IF the hood will still close without mods. I personally do not like the cowl look. So, I will fiddle and tweak the things I have here already and wait patiently for the box from Jegs. I can install it after I make the engine swap even, just prefer to work on the stand. I still have to install the water and fuel pumps, the oil pump and then put the pan on, the valve covers. And in a month I will have the Qjet ordered. I have to take a breath after every $400 increment because every part of this has been just about double what I budgeted. Maybe I'll find a July 4 cruise in and take my chances.

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Built an Olds and ASSUMED parts would be on the shelf everywhere?

It's not 1970...or even 1987 when I was selling this stuff and it was stocked. It's an LS and Coyote world today...I even saw a video last nite with a Coyote in a square body Chevy

I've been waiting for 3 weeks for seat cover material samples from Dixie or PUI so I can finish my interior. Dixie is out and PUI doesn't seem to care.

Most companies like to use just in time inventory, where they frequently order the bare minimum stock to minimize the amount they have to store. The idea is to reduce the costs and risks of storing goods waiting to be sold. However, if not well managed, understocking and sell outs can happen which leads to lost sales. I see bare shelves at Walmarts and other stores pretty often.

• Agree
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I wonder how big Edelbrock's first run of these manifolds was? The initial run may have gotten used up. If you are running a dual snorkel air cleaner it will probably hit the hood with a RPM intake unless some kind of drop base. I actually used an aluminum 1" spacer with my Performer and opened more to match the intake. It should add power up top, the Performer has a fairly small plenum and allows feeding from side to side. My 214/214 cam is very similar to the 286/287 factory cam just slightly less duration and a tighter LSA.

Last edited:

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
It took me a long time to choose the more expensive one, but the clearance issue was first, and secondly I went with a milder W-30 Auto cam. I cannot imagine my foot staying in it above 5400 even when I like the sound, and I wanted it to pull from idle and not have to get a higher stall. I do have the large valves and the HP exhaust manifolds so if I am unhappy down the road I will move up to the 7111....IF the hood will still close without mods. I personally do not like the cowl look. So, I will fiddle and tweak the things I have here already and wait patiently for the box from Jegs. I can install it after I make the engine swap even, just prefer to work on the stand. I still have to install the water and fuel pumps, the oil pump and then put the pan on, the valve covers. And in a month I will have the Qjet ordered. I have to take a breath after every $400 increment because every part of this has been just about double what I budgeted. Maybe I'll find a July 4 cruise in and take my chances.

My factory hood on my 83 cutlass with SBO 350 closes without issue with the 7111 though you can’t have any carb spacers and have to be careful with your air cleaner choice I believe mine is a 4inch drop base. I also have no Under hood insulation

Oldscarnut

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
I thought I had you covered but I just checked the shelf and it’s a Holley Street Dominator

Thanks to everyone for the advice and assistance and to some for the sarcasm. I will wait for Jegs as by the time I cancel and get the money back, it will be June and then just a week theoretically. Shipping is the true bugaboo. I had several solid leads but then the shipping took it up several notches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor