where does the vacum line on the 350 transmission hook up

Status
Not open for further replies.

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
where does the vacum line on the back of the 350 transmission hook up to on a q-jet carb??? some one let me know please... as well as the the line from the distributor.does it go on the lower left corner???? (distributor vacum line) neva worked on a car with a 350 transmission

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Re: where does the vacuum line on the 350 transmission hook up

87 chevy boy said:
where does the vacuum line on the back of the 350 transmission hook up to on a q-jet carb??? some one let me know please... as well as the the line from the distributor.does it go on the lower left corner???? (distributor vacuum line) Neva worked on a car with a 350 transmission
transmission gets vacuum from the port on the back of the intake manifold.

laman1982

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2011
phoenix az
what carb you got?

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
laman1982 said:
what carb you got?

IM WORKING ON MY COUSINS CAR I JUST PUT A 350 WITH EDELBROCK EVERYTHING HIS MANIFOLD IS A PERFORMER AND THE CARB IS A SORRY ROCHESTER Q-JET FOR NOW. I THOUGHT THE transmission WENT ON THE RIGHT CORNER VACUM PORT??

laman1982

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2011
phoenix az
if you are looking at the front of the carb there should be three cacuum lines its the one on the right !

heres a video that will help you !

http://youtu.be/HwPFiGENMw8

laman1982

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2011
phoenix az
oh my bad bro i thought you said edelbrock carb it should be the same ?

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
It doesn't really matter if you put it to carb or intake, just as long as it is a full vacuum port, not a timed vacuum port (if using a carb port). However there should be a spot on the intake runner towards the rear of the engine, most hook it there...(and me too, haha)

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Oldsmoletick said:
It doesn't really matter if you put it to carb or intake, just as long as it is a full vacuum port, not a timed vacuum port (if using a carb port). However there should be a spot on the intake runner towards the rear of the engine, most hook it there...(and me too, haha)

YOU WOULDNT HAPPEN TO HAVE A PIC OF WHERE U HOOK IT TO??

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Sorry no, none of my pics show where I have it hooked, I'd grab a pic for ya but the car is still in winter storage :cry: .
If you look at the intake runner, you should see an allen headed plug, (small), all you have to do is remove it, get a nipple (1/4" NPT) with a 1/4" barb (for the hose), then you'll be set to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor