Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Some years back someone sold aluminum body mounts. Other than being used on a strictly track car, I couldn't see them being used on the street. I think the ride would be much too harsh. It would probably jar your teeth loose,

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Some years back someone sold aluminum body mounts. Other than being used on a strictly track car, I couldn't see them being used on the street. I think the ride would be much too harsh. It would probably jar your teeth loose,

when we raced G bodies the rules were no steel, we had to stick with rubber bushings so we used hockey pucks

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
when we raced G bodies the rules were no steel, we had to stick with rubber bushings so we used hockey pucks
Steve,
I have heard of hockey pucks being used, but never steel.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I'm pretty sure my 2+2 got Hockey pucks, at least that is what I told the guy who was caging in and putting in the fuel cell cage.

I recommend that all contact between metal and plastic or plastic and plastic has something that dampens vibration in between, or the buzzing will drive you nuts. For years I would be tearing pieces of paper, folding them up and shoving them into gaps to dampen the noise.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
if you do decide to run the solid mounts,use a stock style bushing @the radiator support or else your headlights won't last.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I used the aluminum ones from JT Racecraft on my 83. I didn't mind them at all. When it was totalled out and I started pulling parts I was too lazy to pull them so they went to the scrapper with the shell.

I think people over dramatize the solid bushing being too harsh thing. Same with engine mounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor