Where to find a g body

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Patience, young Jedi. Keep an eye on the Forum For Sale pages.

Amy chance you can tow something home? Southern options are less work in the long run.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Takes either time or money.

Many available if $$ is not an issue

If, like many of us, budget is an issue, you just have to persevere. Realize that the NEWEST G body is 32 years old, age-related attrition has taken many from us.

• Agree

Squirrelsmith

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2019
I dont want to buy one that someone has already put a bunch of time and parts into as im going a specific direction. I really just need a clean frame and body. Im hoping more will start to pop up in spring and summer

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
this is the equivalent of starting a thread of "where do i find a nice girl"..i have little luck and/or useful knowledge on the subject...

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I dont want to buy one that someone has already put a bunch of time and parts into as im going a specific direction. I really just need a clean frame and body. Im hoping more will start to pop up in spring and summer
Sometimes those maybe a better deal with some sellable parts, may have some parts you'll need, be priced better cause the seller wants to unload it. Alot of times we have had to suck it up & deal with the best we can find.

• Agree

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK

I get it, but this is like the guys that want to buy entry-level musclecar-era stuff. There were a LOT of g bodies produced, but with few exceptions, people generally did not consider them "special" enough to keep around. So, demand is increasing, and supply is declining. Chevelles/Cutlass/Skylark/LeMans 2 doors were, IMO, more likely to have been "saved" over the years than G bodies.

Do you have a particular marque in mind?

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Squirrelsmith

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2019
I get it, but this is like the guys that want to buy entry-level musclecar-era stuff. There were a LOT of g bodies produced, but with few exceptions, people generally did not consider them "special" enough to keep around. So, demand is increasing, and supply is declining. Chevelles/Cutlass/Skylark/LeMans 2 doors were, IMO, more likely to have been "saved" over the years than G bodies.

Do you have a particular marque in mind?
Cutlass or regal 80 the end

Squirrelsmith

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2019
Sometimes those maybe a better deal with some sellable parts, may have some parts you'll need, be priced better cause the seller wants to unload it. Alot of times we have had to suck it up & deal with the best we can find.
I just dont want to buy one thats done so to speak

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor