Where to find Power Door Lock Relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincew1

n00b
Oct 29, 2010
Hey guys.

I've got a 1986 Olds Cutlass Salon. Trying to find a replacement power door lock relay. Napa had one listed and I went to get it and there is no way that was a replacement. Forget it. Ebay has a few of the OEM relays for $60-$150..little more than I want to spend.

Is there a write-up anywhere on how to just use regular relays wired up where the factory relay is? Does anyone rebuild these? Has anyone run into this issue? Tried searching but can't find anything other than directions on finding the door lock relay. Also tried searching some common resto sites and could not find this relay. The part #:20306055

Thanks for any help!!

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY

vincew1

n00b
Oct 29, 2010
Bonnewagon: That is the same one Napa had, it is about 1/4 the size of the original relay and none of the prongs line up with the plugs. Have you used this one? Maybe there is a way to get it to work, but I imagine it involves some wire splicing/modding. I was hoping for a direct plug or something I might could make some wire pigtails to work. I was just hoping someone might have figured this out : )

Here is the OEM relay I took out:

Attachments

• relay 001.jpg
    relay 001.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 2,024
  • relay 002.jpg
    relay 002.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 3,168

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
That's odd. Standard usually is right on with it's parts.http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1247138,parttype,3656 Here's the Pontiac Bonneville version, does it look like yours? OOps, your picture loaded slow, I didn't catch it. That looks like the 83' version in my book. Not listed at Rockauto. Hmmmm. Something is not adding up here.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
You're welcome. Not the first time a part was listed wrong. I allways check the Chevy listing because it gets the most traffic and usually is what GM used across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor