Where would you mount a fuel pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Alright, so I’ve finished welding the spare tire well patch in for the most part, but I’m kind of hung up on where I should mount my fuel pump on this mess.
I’m using a Carter rotary cane pump that’s about a foot long with filters on it, so my space is limited. Where would you put your pump if you were working with what I have here? Thought about mounting it to the brace bar but the pump would be above the tank so it wouldn’t drag on the ground.

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
did you steal that off a 747?..... :unsure:

I’m not adverse to hackery at an aerospace level

If you had a sump welded to your stock tank I would say make a bracket and mount it under your spare tire plate.
Since you have to pull fuel from the factory sender you are going to be limited on where you can mount a large external pump which works best being close and gravity fed.
In my Monte I have a 20 gal. fuel cell and I kept the spare tire well and mounted my battery at the bottom of it and my main fuel pump is mounted to the outside and the aux. pump on the driver's side.

View attachment 145258

I do plan on adding a sump to the tank in the near future, just got to put an order into Summit. Kinda figured I was going to have to stick it there, it’s about the only place it won’t get bashed, aside from under the rear seat pan.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I have mounted dual 60MM pumps twice between the tank and the differential. Works pretty well and they are easy to get to.

IMG_2390.jpg IMG_2392.jpg IMG_2393.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
Hate to be this guy, but the best place is in the tank. Just curious what is this pump supporting?

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor