Where's the 2 plastic vacuum lines under heater box go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Guys, I cannot remember where the two plastic vacuum lines go that go out of the bottom of the heater/AC box assembly to the engine. One is gray and the other is purple. I've got a small round vacuum canister also that I don't remember the hookup for. HELP

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
The Vac Cannister is there to give constant vacuum source for HVAC and also for Cruise in some models. The purple line should be connected to the cannister, either directly or with a Tee. On mine, I have manifold vacuum , running through a check valve, to a tee, and then to the cannsiter. Some cannisters have 2 connections, some just one ( mine is the single type). If you have two connections on the cannsiter, one is vacuum in, the other is vacuum out to HVAC/Cruise.

If you don't like seeing the cannister in the engine bay, you can mount it just about anywhere. I mounted mine underneath the battery, on the bottom side of the fenderwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor