Which accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

gula187

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2016
What accessories and mounts I can use with my swap that keeps the low mount a/c while clearing the frame? I want to avoid a notching the frame of all possible

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 user

vader87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2014

Attachments

• IMG_20170123_173010641.jpg
    IMG_20170123_173010641.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 213
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Another good one!!! I use ictbillet on my build.
That looks like the kit i plan on using. It looks well designed to keep everything compact to the engine. How do you like it? That's the one that uses the ls3 water pump correct?
I've got their swap plates and their gen3 front cover with oil drains.
Screenshot_20170518-153240.png

vader87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2014
Correct, that is for the LS3 water pump. Please be aware that a bunch of people are advertising the LSA water pump as a LS3. THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

vader87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2014
Yeah, luckly I have a LSA in my ZL1 so I now have a spare water pumpo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Unfortunately like everything else you gain here and lose there. If your keeping the low mount A/C and your using the compressor that comes on the LS motors your likely not going to get away from notching the frame and possibly having issues with the swap plates as well. I'm working on doing the same thing. Keeping the A/C and leaving it low. There is a set of swap plates I heard some guys saying they work with the A/C not notching the frame but if you keep researching you find they don't provide good drive-line angles. I haven't looked into using the original A/C compressor? That might work but they suck (always leak). Anyhow after reading and researching and asking questions over and over I decided best to just notch the frame because I don't want the compressor up top. I'm running the corvette accessories. Got them for 500 shipped. All the brackets, alternator, water pump, the A/C compressor, bolts, balancer. So keep that in mind as you shop. Some of those after market kits are really nice if you have the extra loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor