Which EFI tank for a Cutlass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jweb

Apprentice
Oct 20, 2018
Salem, OR
I spent most of yesterday degreasing the engine This thing was really dirty. Got some paint sprayed on before going home

Attachments

• 0DDEF918-50BD-4512-B7CA-F417E3355533.jpeg
    0DDEF918-50BD-4512-B7CA-F417E3355533.jpeg
    808.8 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: 1 users

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
i have a 1980 olds calais and was thinking of swapping over to fuel injection. the old system is all messed up,it was at a friends house and they were working on the carb and left it open for the night and some kid tried to steal it and got it down the driveway before it caught on fire, melting the vacuum lines and the carb and the dist. cap they managed to get the fire out but not before damaging the wires and such. the engine and trans are out of a 85 cutlass with rebuilt heads and less than a thousand miles on it. i got the car in exchange for fixing his truck up.

Reactions: 1 user

Jweb

Apprentice
Oct 20, 2018
Salem, OR
What are you doing for trim?
I removed all of the stainless trim I could, rockers, upper door edge, rear hood edge and fender trim.
The only pieces left should be around the windows, the hood center and headlight trim. I'm thinking of painting those black but haven't decided yet.
I also removed the chrome from the bumpers and they will be painted body color.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I removed all of the stainless trim I could, rockers, upper door edge, rear hood edge and fender trim.
The only pieces left should be around the windows, the hood center and headlight trim. I'm thinking of painting those black but haven't decided yet.
I also removed the chrome from the bumpers and they will be painted body color.
Gotcha, similar to my 87 then. I had mine powdercoated black for durability, removed the bumperettes and bumpers were sprayed hotrod black. All plastic trim(grilles, taillight surround, etc) was sprayed with SEM trim black...
20181225_122651.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Jweb

Apprentice
Oct 20, 2018
Salem, OR
Gotcha, similar to my 87 then. I had mine powdercoated black for durability, removed the bumperettes and bumpers were sprayed hotrod black. All plastic trim(grilles, taillight surround, etc) was sprayed with SEM trim black... View attachment 102361
That's exactly what I was going for, hadn't seen yours. I really like that.

I removed the bumperettes also. Wish I would have spent the money for the cowl hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor