Which Gs had factory-reclining seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I know my wagon's seats don't recline, and it sounds like for most of the Gs, the seats were non-reclining. Which models came with factory-reclining seats, if any? Secondly, are there any vendors that sell reproduction or rebuilt reclining seats?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I believe only the buckets reclined. Not 100% sure on the Astro buckets (high backs used in all to '81, Olds to '88), but the Euro's ('82 up Buick/Pontiac, '84 up Chevy/GMC.) Grand Prixs had some different buckets in the top models & I'm not sure which style they are simular to. Being a wagon you might want to scout out some other GM 4 doors/wagons for a set. Most should beable to use the wagons seat tracks.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
pagrunt, Longer-term, I want to do front buckets in the wagon. The split bench I have in there now is in pretty good shape, and aside from the up-down power function not working, they’re in great shape. Just wondering if there were certain years/models to look for if I was scouting salvage/replacement pieces.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Split bench in both Bonneville wagons I had reclined on passenger side. Optional, I believe...both were loaded woodies.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I know the ones in my Monte do... ;) Also keep the black lights away.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Ribbedroof, so the recline feature was on passenger side only? Long, long-term still want to do buckets and a custom console, but in the meantime, would like to add recline feature to the driver-side backrest. Cerullo seats are here in SoCal, and have a really good reputation. I may contact them to see if this is something they could do. If any of the cars with the 60/40 split bench cars had a reclining backrest, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be easier to re-upholster those cores to match. Also, if any of you have split benches with a reclining backrest, could you take a picture of the handle, and a PN if you have it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor