Which is better, X pipe or H pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
FWIW my Howard’s Solid lifter cam instructions stated an exhaust without either will provide the best sounding rough idle.
I'd have to say that "best sounding" would be purely subjective. I don't think crossovers make that much difference at idle as far as sound goes. My 67 has a nice little rumpety-rump at idle with a 3" Pypes system with an X. You really hear the difference at higher rpm when the scavenging allegedly starts to happen.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Onehit

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2013
Old Bridge, New Jersey
I'd have to say that "best sounding" would be purely subjective. I don't think crossovers make that much difference at idle as far as sound goes. My 67 has a nice little rumpety-rump at idle with a 3" Pypes system with an X. You really hear the difference at higher rpm when the scavenging allegedly starts to happen.
Agree, At idle the v6 sounds bad *ss but get in to higher rpms and you'll know it's a v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor